Nominations 2014-15 C Harper Positive High School Athlete Awards and Scholarships Now Open
Nominations are now open for the 2014-15 C Harper Positive High School Athlete Awards for 26 boys and girls high school sports, as well as a Boys and Girls Coach of the Year. Coaches, principals, teachers, parents and fans are encouraged to nominate athletes and coaches you feel embody our Seven Definitions of a Positive Athlete. The C Harper Positive High School Athlete Awards will be held at the Senator John Heinz History Center and Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum in May of 2015. Winners will be eligible to win the following scholarships:
- Mylan Labs "Male and Female Positive Athletes of the Year" - Given to a male and female athlete chosen by Hines Ward, Roberto Clemente, Jr., other Pittsburgh professional athletes. The winners will each receive a $2,500.00 college scholarship.
- UPMC Sports Medicine "Comeback Player" Awards - Given to the Positive High School male and female athlete who have overcome serious injuries to make a positive impact on his or her team and teammates. The winners will each receive a $1,000.00 college scholarship.
- Knichel Logistics "Title IX Award" - Given to the female Positive High School Athlete who has shown amazing leadership to her entire school. The winner will receive a $1,000.00 college scholarship.
- Jeff Boynton Memorial Scholarship - Given to the Positive High School Athlete who best exemplifies the former Plum High School star who always put his team above himself. The winner will receive a $2,200.00 college scholarship.
- Highmark "Positive High School of the Year Award" - Given to the Western Pennsylvania Positive High School that provided the greatest support of the Positive Athlete program including nominations, promotion and giving back to their community in a significant way. The award includes a $2,500.00 contribution to the school's foundation or athletic department.